Saturday, May 7, 2011

Growing Up

Talk about a full week of my boys growing up! Thursday we went and signed Charlie up for Pre- K. He'll be going 5 days a week from 8 to 11. He is SO excited and has been asking every day if he can "just go to school" .It might be a long summer..haha. It is so hard for me to believe he is old enough to be going to school. When I took him to get his school shot the nurse asked me how old he was and I said 4 in total disbelief, looking at him thinking there is no way my baby could be that old. I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday and how I thought we would never make it through a day of school due to how clingy he was to me. And now going to school is all he can talk about. They grow and change so fast, and it's definitely bitter-sweet,

To add to our growing up week. Liam decided that it would be a good idea to climb out of his crib Thursday night and get on top of the changing table. It scared me and I think it scared him too. He was crying and had a very scared look on his face when I went to check on him. So back to bed he went and the changing table was moved out of the room. Then first thing Friday I went to the store and bought a toddler bed. Josh and I came to a decision that we would rather him roll off a toddler bed a couple nights then try and climb out of his crib and fall. Well when night came and we laid him down I couldn't take my eyes off the video monitor. I was so worried and started doubting if it was too soon. Then after about two-three hours of staring at him and nothing going wrong and I realized my worry was really just sadness of my little man being big enough to be OK in a toddler bed. He only woke up once but went right back to sleep and he never rolled off.

Where does the time go? My sweet little baby boys aren't babies anymore. I am so very proud of them though. Charlie is such an awesome little boy with so much personality and sweetness. He loves helping out around the house and will do anything I ask him with so much excitement. He randomly says "I love you and I really love Daddy" and always asks to give me a hug and a kiss.   And Liam is just a bundle of joy. He loves giving hugs and kisses and he is so cuddly. My favorite thing is how he calls me "Ma" and Josh "Da" I love my boys and God definitely knew what He was doing when He gave them to us!

And with all this growing up the crib is now empty ;)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to Bloggy Land! I can't believe our boys are so old either. Can we freeze time for a little bit? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know it only takes 9 months to fill a crib! :) I can't believe Charlie is old enough for Pre-K, too, but i think he will enjoy it so much! And it will be nice to just have Liam for a little while by himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm glad you're blogging! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete